Advantages of The Selenium Automation Testing Tool [TheJobSupport]
Testing professionals use a variety of test automation testing tools to effectively test web applications. Automated testing has made the process much simpler and faster than manual testing. It has accelerated the testing process as well as improved efficiency. Selenium is the most powerful open source automation tool available at present.
You can easily find a Selenium tutorial online. Based on Java scripting to a large extent, the tests run directly in the browser, like, Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Firefox on Windows, Linux and Macintosh. There is rarely any testing tool which covers such an array of platforms. This tool has made it easier to check web applications without putting in extra time and efforts. Here are some important advantages of the Selenium automation testing tool:
– Flexible and Easy to Use– Selenium offers a user-friendly interface to create and execute test suites. The open source nature of Selenium allows the user to write his own extensions. It is resilient and supports flexible test architecture. You can easily add functionalities to the test cases and framework and customize the tool according to the project requirement.
– Platform Portability– Often testers have to write multiple test scripts to see the performance of a web application across different browsers. Selenium allows them to write the script once, and run it on multiple platforms as well as browsers to test the web application. This way complex web applications can be tested without increasing the test cycles.
– Multiple Test Environments– It allows the testers to use a number of Integrated Development Environments, such as Visual Studio, Netbeans and Eclipse. The features of other frameworks can be combined with Selenium for a rich and flawless user experience.
– Open Source– It offers all the advantages which an open source software offers. It includes no licensing cost and is easy to customize as per user request. It is still under development and a number of active contributors in the user forums.
– Programming Language– With some testing tools, testers have to write scripts in a specific programming language. This requires them to learn that language to write scripts. Selenium allows you to write scripts using any programming language. Also, a variety of tools can be used to generate reports, build systems and create IDE.
This automation testing tool is very effective in reducing the test cycles drastically. It is easy to understand through a Selenium Tutorial.